In Vivo Neurophysiology
We filled in all PhD-student and post-doc vacancies.
Inquiries from talented and motivated graduate and undergraduate students to work on various aspects of our research are always welcome. We have extensive experience with student supervision, but there is a limited number of positions available due to the close supervision we prefer.
Throughout the year, we offer both practical projects and internships dedicated to analysis of neuronal activity.
Please send an email to: christiaan.de.kock[at]falw.vu.nl to discuss the options. In your mail, please indicate which project has your interest accompanied with a motivation letter.
Selection of previous internship topics:
- Physiological characteristics of cortical pyramidal and interneurons
- Neuron morphology of the human cortex - Functional and morphological properties of human pyramidal neurons across cortical layers
- Single-unit activity in the rat medial prefrontal cortex in vivo:
A comparison between layers 2/3 and 5.
- Layer- and cell-type-specific representation of tactile information in the rat PPC
- Neurophysiological correlates of cognitive processes in the prefrontal microcircuit
- The Conscious Connectome Conundrum - Modeling the human brain
- Neuronal research on human tissue: morphology and physiology